Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Cleaning Picasso's Brushes

At our first full production meeting on Sunday, I got the pleasure of meeting the team that will be bringing RENT to life. I will admit that, while I was excited to take on a new challenge, I was a little nervous in taking on the role of producer for RENT. However, as the production meeting went on, my role became increasingly clear and any trepidation I had quickly faded. All I have to do is clean Picasso's brushes. My job, along with the stage managers, technical director, and set designer, is simply to support the vision of the incredibly knowledgeable and talented creative team, and to provide whatever assistance they need to bring that vision into reality. And what a vision! I am so honored to be a part of this production. It's going to be a powerful, game-changing process, and I can't wait to see it unfold. All I have to do is make sure that the brushes are clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment